Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weekend getaway with a VERY over the top busy girl that can't wait to meet up with all her Chinese sisters...

Instead of waking up at 5 to go to the gym, I'll be heading to the airport to for a fun, relaxing, wear your really crappy clothes and don't bother with hair product kinda weekend. I have no idea where the final destination is, because I just don't really care. I've heard it's chilly and I've packed socks. She will be picking me up and we will be meeting up with her, her, her, her, her and sadly missing 3 other homegirls. I'm so excited to see all of them, but yet I'm t.e.r.r.i.f.i.e.d to travel with my over hyper, can not sit still child.
So in a great effort to pass the time quietly without totally annoying the entire airplane, I have LOADED up the big bag in order to pass the time. I am going carry on only (naturally) & I'm using my entire purse to entertain my child. I thought I was packed today, but decided to make a quick trip to the store to pick up a "few" more entertainment items.
Look at the crap my girl has packed.....
I find this funny for no good reason, other than the fact that her Mama is terrified to fly with her.
The contents of this D0ra lunchbox is filled with lots of little chocking hazards puppies on the bottom, books, light up button pushing things, a princess camera that won't stop talking no matter which position I place it in, 1 princess cell phone, a blinged out phone that talks and will annoy any passenger beside us, & some baby snap together toys and a whole big baggie of snacks! Can't go anywhere without Eme's snacks.

Also included in this trip of fun is a cd player with some music, new headphones because she couldn't deal well with the iphone headphones from our last plane trip, a dvd player with movies and some snap together toys that Daddy thought she needed.

We will be breaking the *** 'No TV' rule this weekend and seeing if she will sit still for a movie....though I doubt it, but I'm holding out hope.

& the pile of stuff all put together nicely to make ONE LARGE BAG, that needs to go underneath my seat....gawd help me.
_____________________________________________________
The below pictures are crappy because we took them with our tiny point and
shoot POC (piece of crap)...
This is Eme, in her daily naughtiness routine. She knows not to dance on the tables, but she just can't help herself. Every single day we remove her from this same table a dozen times a day.
Last weekend we went to a wedding of an old neighbor friend of ours and her bridesmaid was one of our precious foster daughters many years ago. She was 11 when she lived with us and has blossomed into a beautiful 20 year old girl that lives out west. It was so sweet to see her all grown up. We had a lovely time catching up on her life and remember her childhood.
Have a great weekend folks....I know we will!
***The No TV rule is part of attachment therapy for at least one year. It has a lot to do with how fast the TV moves and changes scenes and their little brains can't catch up with it AND it's the prime place for high risk children to zone out of the 'real' world that they are living in and ignore their reality. We want Eme to live in her reality and adjust to it.

9 comments:

Sandra said...

Enjoy your girls weekend! I have met most of these ladies, so tell them hi from me ;-)

Kim said...

Safe travels.. Have fun with all those great ladies..
can't wait to hear how the plane trip goes..
Emerson will do well..

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

we are off at the crack of dawn for our first solo flight with Hayden to visit two blog friends in the freezing NE!! We can't wait, but I can't wait for the flight to be over either;(
Good luck to the both of us. Please give Heather and Georgia a hug from our family. Georgia and Hayden are just 3 days apart and Heather was one of my first blogger friends!!! Someday I will make it to NJ to visit her in person. But tell her Jules says Hi

Rhonda said...

Have a great time! Though with those ladies I think it's a forgone conclusion. :)

Daniella said...

Have a blast - sorry we'll miss you on M.I. Next time for sure. When J was a baby we traveled a lot and I did the same thing - huge bag, lots of stuff.... always worked. Safe travels...

The Mommy said...

Hi there,

I stumbled upon your blog from another adoption blog. I'm interested in the TV plan re: attachment therapy. Where did you read about this? My daughter was adopted at 8 months (in-family/not international) and is now 28 months. We let her watch a little bit of television each day - maybe 20 mins a day - and she definitely zones out. I have never thought of her as particularly high risk but I would like to read more about TV and attachment and adopted children. If you have any literature or links I would very much appreciate them. Many thanks!

Jane

2china4s said...

Looks like you are more than prepared. :)

We traveled in July with our very busy 2-year old, and we covered all our bases. The winning items were a Matchbox airplane that we used to prepare our daughter for the long flights (CA to NY, NY to PR, PR to CA), and a book of stickers. We were amazed at the price ($13 @ T@rget), but those W0nder Pet stickers were her favorite thing. We brought a paper pad, and SS had a blast placing the stickers on the paper. Also on her body, ours, the seat (you get it). :) The stickers are easily removable, so no mess.

Did you get Eme a CARES (www.kidsflysafe.com)? That turned out to be money so well spent.

Liene said...

Hopefully you won't completely freeze this weekend.

Does Eme laugh every time you take her off the table? Every time we have to haul Emilija off the stairs (because no one makes a gate to attach to them) she laughs hysterically. Ditto when she decides to stand up on the seat of her ride-on giraffe.

3 Peanuts said...

Hope you have a GREAT weekend!