Saturday, September 12, 2009

9/11

I was out of town yesterday enjoying my time with Colleen & family, but 9/11 was not far from my mind and the images of that day and the tragedy that occured will forever be with me. I think of Lou's family and everyone that loved her and find comfort in knowing everyone was remembering Mary Lou yesterday. She was such an amzing person and she will forever be in my heart. She is gone, but never forgotten. In loving memory and in honor of my high school best friend, I decided to share this personal video in hopes that you can see what the world lost through Lou's smile. She was destined for greatness and it is still so hard to accept the reality of her life 8 years later. These are my memories from days that now seem so long ago.
As each anniversary of that tragic day rolls around, I relive the minutes, as I am sure that each of you do. I replay the phone call in my mind from my mother where she only had to speak 5 words, "Tracy....Mary Lou is missing" when my knees hit the ground and the gravity of what had happened sunk in.
I will never forget or will I allow my children, grandchildren and future generations to forget what happened to change America on that day. Each face lost that day is someone's loved one. I mourn for their loss and I pray for a safer future.
So in light humor I share the good, the bad, the ugly. The bad hair days, the bangs, the scrunchies, the eyebrows and even the bad prom dresses. But what the camera doesn't capture are the laughs & giggles, the stories behind the photos, the times that there was no camera to capture the moment, the late nights spent talking and being silly high school girls, the innocence of time and the sisterhood of friendship. Please remember Mary Lou.

14 comments:

L said...

Hugs to you and all the friends and families affected by 9/11. May We Never Forget...
Lyndsey

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

I think that one of the first posts that I ever read of yours was about your beautiful friend Mary Lou. Carrying on her memory in this way is a beautiful tribute to her and to your friendship.

May her soul rest in peace.

We will NEVER FORGET!

Rhonda said...

What a beautiful tribute to your friend.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. What a beautifully moving tribute to your friend.

Suzie said...

As a long time reader of your blog, I have watched this every year that you post it. How lucky for you to have had such a beautiful friend and what a wonderful tribute. Yesterday my thoughts were those we lost and the family's they left behind.

Melissa said...

You have posted this every year of your blog......and I always watch the video in her honor....it was a horrific day. My heart goes out to you for losing someone you love so much. My sincerest condolences
Melissa-

Daniella said...

I will never forget....

Island Girl said...

I remember this wonderful tribute for your dear friend from last year and I thought of her yesterday....We will never forget!!!
Bobbie

Sandra said...

Beautiful tribute... I know I will never forget.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That was a beautiful tribute to your friend!

It was a day none of us will ever forget. So sorry for your loss....I can't imagine how you felt when you got the call from your Mom.

May her honor live on forever.

Sarah said...

I am in tears watching your beautiful tribute to Mary Lou. I only very recently started following your blog and never realized the connection we have... I am friends with Mary Lou's sister, Diane, and I only recently reconnected with her and she told me of her sister. My prayers have been with their family and now also with you.

God Bless,

Sarah

3 Peanuts said...

I remember watching this years ago when i first found your blog and I though of Mary Lou (and you) this year on 9/11.

Joanne said...

What a lovely tribute to your friend. I am SO very sorry for your loss...

Catherine said...

I cannot imagine how hard this still must be to have lost your BFF. ((hugs)) and prayers.