Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas recap of photos

Just photos and after reviewing the photos, it is apparent that my fabulous husband should never be in charge of the camera again. We have ZERO photos of G on Christmas morning, 2 photos of C on Christmas morning and 3 photos of W. The photos of our princess stopped after the kitchen set and stocking fun. 4 kids on Christmas morning leave 2 parents very tired by the end of the day. We enjoyed a huge dinner that J&I prepared and the kids played endlessly with all their new loot. Our culdesac was full of kids riding lots of new scooters, vespa's, go-carts, and bikes.
G rec'd another darn gaming system. X-b0x this time. We thought G would enjoy it, but Daddy & I have given him very little opportunity to play. We are addicted to Pacman, all 55 inches in HD. My thumb is wrapped in 3 bandaids and surgical tape & the whole bone in my thumb is sore. Apparently I'm a nervous player and try to shove the button through the back of the controller. Whatever happened to joysticks?!?!
Santa had one to many cocktails when he went shopping for C. Santa brought C an electric guitar and my neighbor's little girl rec'd a new shiny set of drums.
Between all the kids and their musical instruments they are ready to start a garage band. In my neighbors garage of course;0) Later in the day I found C standing in the middle of our road playing his guitar with the amp beside him just blaring the tunes of suckity suck suck. The kid has no reservations about what a 'tool' looks like. He was one tip bucket short of a subway strummer.
W rec'd a Cars racetrack which is probably a big mistake since his little sister won't stop walking on it. Hopefully it will make it to the new year.
We had a fabulous Christmas with lots of fun and laughter & hope yours was filled with the same.

Christmas Eve Services...it was really hard to contain the tears. For the past 4 Christmas Eve services I have stood in church and sang wondering & praying that my baby girl was safe, warm and her belly was full. Last year my baby girl was 9 months old and was adjusting to life in a new foster home, or so they say. This year she was in my arms as we sang about the baby Jesus. What a difference 12 months can make.

Jaylee & Eme 1st Christmas Home.
Every year Santa visits our culdesac and throws candy canes while giving us a jolly ol' HO HO HO from his fire truck. We look forward to him coming every year!

Looking up at Santa...



Eme with her stocking that we got her in China at 'A Gift from China' on Shamain Island.

2 new babies that also came from 'A Gift From China', I loved that store and spent lots of money there.


Christmas with Grams & Gramps



More guns! My kids love to shoot each other!
To t: From: Santa
Eme digging in Grams traditional red Santa bag.


Eme & I opening our matching gift from Grams & Gramps.
2 matching beads for our bracelets, a chamilla Santa bead for our first Christmas together, so sweet.



A really cool cake that Grams made.
One tired little girl after a whirlwind of Christmas fun. Eme and her favorite blanket passed out on our bedroom floor.
That was ridiculously fun and I think we should do it again tomorrow. =0)

10 comments:

Kim said...

Love all the photos..
Sounds like an AMAZING Christmas..
Have a great New Year..2010 hopefully will bring more babies home to thier Forever Families..
Merry Christmas....

Polar Bear said...

What an amazing Christmas!!
I'm going to remember that Christmas shop in China. :o)

Your line - "What a difference 12 months can make." - I'm going to hang onto that for a while. I like that statement. Hope that makes sense. :o)

Happy New Year!

Laurie said...

Looks like a fabulous Christmas! Beautiful pics and I especially like the one of the SIX of you in front of the tree. The tutu pjs on E are precious!

Briana's Mom said...

How fun! Looks like an amazing Christmas. I love the last picture - I think it says how much fun she had. :)

Bri has the same kitchen set! It is still one of her favorite toys.

3 Peanuts said...

Looks and sounds like a FABULOUS first Christmas with Eme home. I got tired just reading about it. I think your guitar player looks adorable too:) I would throw some $ in his guitar case.

Alyson and Ford said...

What a Christmas!! Wow!
Our wishes for you all to have a FANTASTIC New Year!
peace
fm

Wanda said...

I just love what you were thinking during the service. So touching. And so happy for you (and us too) that your dreams came true this year.

Robin said...

great pictures. I see you got some Chocolate "chips" :0)

that cake your grams made is awesome.

Loved your family photo card this year! Especially with your sweet girl smack in the middle in all her red glory. :0) Very cool picture!

OziMum said...

aaawwwww.... so sweet!

Hope you had a wonderful wonderful Christmas Day... full family, at last!

May 2010 be filled with many more smiles and laughs!

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures. Frances sent a copy of the kids picture to us for Christmas. Really enjoy reading your blog. Esther Price and Mike Sells (Chocolate covered potato chips) one of the best ideas ever, salt and chocolate.

Stephanie Knight