Wednesday, December 16, 2009

ornaments & more

So it's Christmastime and Eme Grace is finally home....
We have added several ornaments to the tree this year that have a special meaning. Actually, a few are from years past, starting with the pink shoe from Grams & Gramps in 2005.
It was a bit more emotional for me to add these ornaments to our tree knowing the agony of the wait part is over. Eme is home and our family is complete. She is the girl that we dreamed about and waited for since 1995. How blessed we feel this Christmas & how exciting it was for her to be right under my toes as I pulled all of our precious ornaments out of their boxes and hung them with love on our tree.
Eme is a busy girl. BUSY. Busy beyond what I've ever seen in a child and she's never been into books much, I guess they are just to slow of a pace for her. But lately, she's allowing me to finish a whole story before she's off and running. I tell her to go pick a book and she has come back with "Motherbridge of L0ve" more than any other book.
Not gonna lie, I got all choked up reading it to her. It's the line about seeing her smile
for the first time that gets me every time.

"Motherbridge of L0ve"
Once there were 2 women
who never knew each other.
One you do not know,
the other you call Mother.
Two different lives shaped to make you one,
One became your guiding star,
the other became you sun.
The first one gave you life,
the second taught you to live it.
The first one gave you a need for love,
the second was there to give it.
One gave you a body,
the other taught you games.
One gave you a talent.
The other taught you aims.
One gave you emotions,
the other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile,
the other dried your tears.
One found a home for you
that she could not provide.
The other prayed for a child,
her hope was not denied.
And now you ask, of course you do,
the questions others ask me too;
This place or your birth place-
which are you a daughter of?
Both of them my darling-
and two different kinds of love.

13 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

We love that book, too. And your tree? Is gorgeous! I'm so glad that the pink shoe is a reality now, rather than just a hope.

Suzie said...

What a beautiful tree!! I'm so happy that Eme is finally where she belongs. This Christmas will be extra special for you all.

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The tree is beautiful!! I bet this season is a little emotional.....and will be very magical too!!

She is so cute....and has changed so much in 6 short months:)

That book is a favorite here too......

Happy Holidays to you and your family.....and thanks for telling me where to find the stocking pins:)

Lisa

~Kristen said...

Nothing better than these times,
A Very Merry Christmas for your family...

*smooches*

Kim said...

Ok.. you have me crying over here...
I LOVE the ornaments and Eme is toooo cute in her little tutu..
Love that book and the meaning is WONDERFUL.
I am sooo happy for you girly..
oh can't wait for this moment..
Have a great week..
Happy Holidays girly...

M :-) said...

We love that book! I bought it for our daughter when we were waiting to travel for her. She opened it on Christmas morning ... the morning after we arrived home with her. I get teary eyed each and every time I read it to her.

Your tree is gorgeous! What a special Christmas this will be for your family.

Merry Christmas!

Wanda said...

One of my favorite books too. And I have a hard time getting through it. We too will be celebrating Christmas, finally, with our family complete.

Enjoy yours!

Island Girl said...

Sniff....you made me cry!!! Beautiful!!!
Bobbie

Alyson and Ford said...

AA loves reading the books about her beginning in China. We told her the whole story about her being the best little girl to wait for her Mommy and Daddy to come get her in China. We talk about the tears of joy and bringing her home. She loves hearing it over and over.
Your tree is Beautiful!
Merry Christmas!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Daniella said...

Eme is finally home where she belongs. Merry, Merry Christmas to all of you!

Debbie said...

I remember the pink shoe ornament and the pain we felt as we waited and waited and now they are both home and we celebrate the joy of having them home for their first Christmas. I love her Jingle Bells shirt. Too cute!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Shannon said...

I love that story! Ellie is a super busy little girl and won't sit through a book either. We speed read and try and extend each session a bit longer! She gets speech therapy and that's even the first goal (attend for a minute, etc.) PLEASE let me know if you find any methods to tame that business just a teensy bit! =) Your tree is lovely. Enjoy this memorable time!

Georgea's Mommy said...

She's so beautiful. They're growing way too fast, aren't they?

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Amy