Thursday, January 28, 2010

Eme's favorite thing to do...

...is color all over her face, hands, floor and sometimes she gets lucky and hits the paper.


I thought I'd get smart and get her the color w0nder stuff, to which she hated.
She doesn't quite get why it colors clear and then slowly it turns colors, to which she has lost all interest in by the time the color appears. She's a *now* girl.

Thanks for the responses in the last post. I believe this is a very complex issue and there is certainly no right or wrong way to handle it. I believe as more stories come to light, there will no doubt be a backlash on the IA program. A reform is needed. We need a clean, transparent program without corruption. Our children deserve that and if one doesn't happen, I believe it will end the IA program. At no point in adoption, should a parent have to wonder if their child was stolen. As much as we wanted our daughter, we would have never wanted her knowing she didn't arrive at the place she was in because of a willful abandonment.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Looks like her little creative mind is hard at work :-)
I can't believe how big she is getting!

Kim said...

Eme is getting soo big and she is tooo cute..
she sure looks like she is really working hard..
have a great week..

Meg said...

my kids are not fans of the color wonder stuff either- but love to craft- we got a craft table from "lakeshorelearning.com" and it has been some of the best money we've spent- you can not destroy the table and it comes with a 10yr warranty....preschools use these tables.....just thought I'd share.....!

Pug Mama said...

yeah, that color wonder can be very confusing at first. Low loves the paint (but as you know.......she is gifted and stuff ;0)

3 Peanuts said...

I have spent WAY too many hours wondering. I cannot stop wondering. It make my heart SICK --the corruption.

I deleted my comment on the last post because my mind and heart change all the time and I do not want to be judged. We still do not know what we would do. I am so sick and so scared. I would NEVER have entered into this program had I known how corrupted it was.

On another note, Eme is darling and I am glad she like to color:) That gives her a little independence?

t~ said...

Kim, I vacillate between each side of the pendulum as well. Between morals, heart and my child's best interest. It's so complex and their really is no right way to feel. Thanks for keeping it real and feeling it right beside of me
=0)

kitchu said...

oh she and M-n-M would so hit it off :O)

Randi said...

It is so funny how many ways your Eme reminds me of my Emma. Emma loves to color on her hands, too. Eme is so darling.