Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year from our slice of paradise to yours...

So much fun to ring in a new year with the sand between your toes and surrounded by good friends, yummy food and fine wine. This is one of our favorite traditions of the year!
Fireworks are held over the pier and Eme loved them. She giggled her way right through them and had no fear what so ever. The louder the boom, the louder her laugh....she is my good time girl!
The final sunset of 2009
(those are a flock of birds in the photo)
I am sad to see 2009 come to an end & yet excited to see what the future holds.
For our family, it was a year of adventure. In 2009, I saw my daughters face for the first time, I walked on the Great Wall of China & then the moment I waited for for 14 years...a perfectly wonderful stranger handed me my heart & just like that Emerson Grace became mine.
In 2009, we had a lot of business decisions that needed to be made. Decisions that were not easy, but logical. We had to say goodbye to a company that had been so good to us and a business partner that made a great team with J. J had to let his employees go and pray they found work elsewhere as the company closed its doors. We had to get creative and wiggle ourselves into an open door of new opportunity. We saw Eme come home and struggle with her new life and then start to blossom into all things beautiful. We each shared special moments with special friends and Eme and I were lucky enough to travel twice to keep those lifelong connections strong. We had the time of our lives in 2009 and I can only hope that 2010 is just as wonderful! Happy New Year to your family!

9 comments:

Joanne said...

Happy 2010 :)

carolinagirl said...

Happy New Year!!! Would love to be somewhere warm right now. It is frigid here in NC!!!

Liz and Ava said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!
The firecracker pic is great!...the birds look like the shape of a heart...just as Eme has won all your hearts!

Marla said...

That looks like a perfect way to spend NYE!!! Hope y'all have a wonderful 2010!!

Polar Bear said...

Happy New Year!!
I have really enjoyed following your journey this past year, and can't wait to follow this year!

What a year it will be! :o)

Kim said...

Happy New Year..
you have had an AMAZING year.. and I hope that 2010 brings much more to you and your family...
I can't wait to follow..

Wanda said...

That's my dream - New Years Eve with sand between my toes. Wonderful pictures.

Happy New Year!

Wanda (At Last...)

Steffie B. said...

Beautiful post....here's looking to 2010! ;)

Sandra said...

What a great post with lots of wonderful things that happened this past year. Happy New Year!