Monday, February 1, 2010

Digital pages

I'm kind of liking this new 5 minute rule I've set, I can whip 4 pages up in less than 20 minutes. Done. Not great, but quick and done. I'm actually using it to calm my nerves about my root canal tomorrow. I'm drinking wine and playing with pictures...so far it's working, but I'm really nervous about it. I don't really know why, I know what's coming. I've done no less than a gazillion root canals on patients and yet I've never been the patient. Being the only assistant for an end0dontic doc, gave me the fun opportunity to take all the x-rays, see all the really crappy root canals that the general docs did, that we got to redo, all the improperly measured gutta percha that they shoved down into the root and all the abscessed teeth that required drilling through the upper gum to get to the root of the tooth. I've seen my fair share of teeth and even though the doctor informed me that my teeth are a 'freak of nature' I now need this damn root canal and crown because he went in and messed with my tooth and knocked out a filling that I got when I was 13 years old. Nice. So I'm watching the Tonight's Sh0w and drinking wine.....
moving on....
My 2 favorite photos of all is the one below of Eme smiling her little heart out in the swing and the one of W in the swing. He still has the 'baby' look in it, but I see it leaving him very quickly. He is a true delight and a child that everyone should have the opportunity to meet.
The pictures of Eme giggling and smiling up a storm in the swing is truly music to my ears. We've been going to the park a lot to work on some sensory and balance issues, but I was really taken back that she really enjoyed it this time. I'm not sure if it was the whole family factor, the peanuts before with Daddy or the fact that I put W in the baby swing beside her and shoved him like a chimp on a vine, but whatever it was...she loved it. Her protective wall came down and she just enjoyed the moment.




12 comments:

Lindsay said...

Isn't it so beautiful when they catch you by surprise and let down the barriers? What absolutely beautiful photos.

Best of luck with the root canal. I think it is never as bad as the fear of it.

Kim said...

Love the photos..
Sorry you have to have the root canal..
I get upset when I go in for cleanings.. I would be a wreck if I had to do anything else..
Hugs..
will be thinking of you..

Michelle said...

I love the pics. Eme is just gorgeous.

On the root canal situation. I have had one done. It wasn't the most pleasant thing I had ever done. But it wasn't horrible. I brought my ipod and listened to relaxation music. (that way I couldn't hear what was going on so well.) I recommend bringing one.
Good Luck, I will be thinking of you!

Pug Mama said...

LOVE the pages - they are truly beautiful. I just can't get over how big Eme is looking these days - and her hair ---- so long and THICK!!!!!! She's a beauty. don't think Low's hair is ever going to grow. And look at sweet W and those curls!!!!!!
Oh, and the dentist.......don't get me started.
I have to go get a crown put on this morning. Had the temp put on 2 weeks ago, today is the permanent. It's on the same tooth I had re-root canal done on in Dec. The same tooth I ALREADY had root canal and a crown done while I was pregnant with the boys. Back then it wasn't bad at all. In fact, because I was pregnant, I didn't take ANY pain medication after the root canal was done and I was fine - a little uncomfortable - but manageable. The RE-ROOT CANAL -------holy wow. That was the worse pain I have ever been in and it lasted a week. Just a nightmare. So if you are doing the math - 2 root canals - 2 crowns on the same damn tooth. It's my $4,000 tooth. Same amount we paid for A's braces ----on my ONE tooth.
I told you not to get me started.......
So I'll think of you today at the dentist and you think of me ------ we'll have a "moment"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tawni said...

I am interested in this digital scrapbooking thing. What program do you use? Do you have them printed or just leave them on your computer? It's all so confusing to me...:) But, one page in 5 minutes?? Seriously?? I am so behind - to do that many in a matter of a few hours would be magic!

Good luck on the root canal!

Love Eme's smile. Love it!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Eme is so adorable!! The layouts look so great..... you really did a fantastic job with them....and it only took you 5 minutes....WOW!!

So sorry to hear about the root canal...... Pat is going on Friday for his...... Will be thinking of you.

Marla said...

Love the layouts! Eme is getting so big and has such a precious little smile. Hope the root canal went OK, those suck. :(

Georgea's Mommy said...

Love that Eme is enjoying the swing! We are working on sensory issues as well with Georgea. So far we've only gotten her on the swing at the OT where I sit with her, but she has warmed up to it, so we'll move onto a "normal" swing soon. Eme looks great, so happy and beautiful. Does my heart good to see her growing & thriving.

Georgea's Mommy said...

Oh, and ps- the CURLS are to die for!! I love W's sweet, sweet curls. All your kiddos are beautiful.

Laurie said...

I am reading this on Wednesday so your root canal is behind you-yay! I would have them put me out for a cleaning if I could so I feel for ya.

I cannot believe you do those layouts in 5 min. I must look into that CM Software.

Robin said...

Great photos. I'm sorry I'm late in knowing you had to have a root canal. I've been a little self absorbed lately with my own crap. I sure hope that everything went ok and you are feeling ok by now.!! I'd have been scared crapless!(but I'm a huge chicken like that about everything)

Diana said...

I know you use the CM digal program..do you print them out or take them somewhere to be printed. I just can not get into scrapbooking and I have 2 years of my oldest High School swim season to scrapbook..does the CM one have a lot of water looking things..I am not even sure how it works..
Diana