Sunday, August 9, 2009

3 words

My girl sticks to me like glue. She does everything with me and when I put her down, she stands to hold me. She is starting to venture away and explore her world, but she always comes right back to me. She is Mama's girl.

We are Mom's, friends and neighbors. We celebrate most everything together and my life would not be the same without my girlfriends. Some of us are rejoicing in the greatest professional accomplishments of our career and others are struggling in the lowest of times. Some of us are caring for elderly parents in a way that consumes your every being and others are working more than their fair share in life. Some of us are hoping for a better tomorrow, while others don't think tomorrow could get any better than today. While we are all at a different place in life, we always come together for the good times and we offer support in the bad times. It is the friendships of life that adds all the spice and I know I couldn't live without them.

This has been a week where the rules of the CDC have so dramatically affected the Scruggs family that they had to leave their daughter in China while they returned home without her due to the new rules for TB. The rules that were written for adults should be rewritten for our adopted children coming home to America. This will continue to devastate many families if the rules are not changed.
I'm hoping everyone that reads this will sign the petition:
& while all this continues to unfold, Jaylee's family has been fighting the CDC and their ridiculous rules of TB since last August when she was referred to them. Her test results for the sputum culture will be 42 days old, as required, this week. This family needs good news. If the results are positive, Jaylee will most likely never find a home. This sick little girl is a product of her institutionalized environment, but she should be home, with the only family that has been fighting for her for a year now.
We are praying Jaylee home this week.

15 comments:

Kim said...

Love your 3 words...
Eme is tooo cute..
Friends are WONDERFUL
and I sooo hope that they get to go back sooo soon..
it breaks me heart..
Have a great week..

Pug Mama said...

great 3 words - especially the 3rd - this needs to change - I am so sick over it all....these poor babies...

Briana's Mom said...

Love all the three words. I'm praying for all the families that cannot bring their babies home. :(

dawn said...

Love all the words especially: Need Good News. Oh this is just so dreadful. Fighting it with all we've got in this house.

Alyson and Ford said...

Your daughter is all her own child and whatever security issues she has, you are doing wonderful! She will need over a year to really be adjusted. We know now from first hand experience.
You are so fortunate to have such close friends.
Yes, we do need to hear some good news for the Scruggs family (and then they will need $$$ to get this all behind them). I know the adoption community will rally around and for them.

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Ten Months

Diana said...

I could not agree more on Friends!!! I am praying for good news for your neighbor as that is just heardbreaking.

OziMum said...

Yep, life wouldn't be the same without the solid support from good friends! Hope your neighbours get some good news soon, re: Jaylee.

Eme is looking fantastic!!!

Canada to China and back! said...

First I want to thank you and your family for sharing your journey! It's so inspiring for those of us who are just beginning their journey. Second I am so happy to see that your little girl is making progress! Third we will certainly be praying for your neighbors!

Special K said...

Girlfriends are certainly the best! And you have some great ones... speaking from my experience in meeting most of them, too. :)

I pray for Michelle and Jaylee often. This has to be good news. It just has to be.

PS. Love Eme's skirt!! Would it be in totally bad taste to call dibs on that hand-me-down? ;)

emilyb said...

Love your 3 words...Eme is such a doll!!

CrombieClan said...

It's late and I'm checking your blog because you are such a breath of fresh air...from a mere street length's distance. Shame on me for reading this. I can't believe Jaylee's pic is here when she should be on the floor beside Eme. You waited a long time for this to be Eme's space and I feel bad. You are amazing and I can't sleep cause my mind is racing with so many thoughts and feelings this week...if even this week will hold any news at all. These friends are cool...and of course I'm partial to the Canadian one. Cheers gals!

stephanie and scott said...

Eme is just blossoming!
I had no idea your dear friends were going through such an ordeal with thier little girl! I have signed the petition and will keep them in our thoughts and prayers that they will receive good news about Jaylee :)

kitchu said...

Love both your 3 words Tracy- and praying for your friends and signed that petition a few days ago. It's an injustice that our adopted children are even considered "immigrants"- they should be granted US passports IN China, at that consulate to begin with...

thanks for posting this.

Meg said...

thanks for sending me your agencies name.....I know how that first 6 months home can be so it really means a lot that you took some of your precious free time to send that to me.....pics are adorable- she is really growing and changing- such a cutie.....
Meg

Colleen said...

Well shit, now I am crying... Friends are good. Friends are family. You have some great gals there T.