Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Did that really happen?

On the 7th of every month I used to remember our LID~versary,
now I will celebrate Eme Grace~
Today my girl is 13th months old....she's growing up without us and that makes me sad, but the end is near and we are looking forward to it & now is the time to get ready to travel~ May 21st looks like the date as of now. However, that is tentative & the earliest would be the 14th & otherwise it may be the 28th. We started the visa paperwork process last night & apparently you need a special ed teacher to get the job done correctly. We are *hoping* to get that done today.


This period of time has been a magical, amazing & funshiney.
I could have never in my life prepared myself for just how big the day truly is. My words would never give it justice. Having Colleen here this weekend was icing on the cake. It was so magical and every time I think about it I cry. We have had a rock star kind of weekend and have thoroughly enjoyed every.single.second of it.


I know this photo is totally out of focus & I have one just like it that is not, but this photo is perfect for me. I feel like the whole weekend was a blur of excitement and I wasn't really living it. It was as if I was standing on the outside looking in at another person's life that I wanted. I must have asked 200 times in the past 4 days..."Did that really just happen?"

I have a ton of photos to edit from the weekend & I'll get to them eventually, but I must focus on the mound of paperwork that needs done first. I honestly have not had a second to sit, stand, eat or pee. I'm overwhelmed with my email box and feel truly blessed by the amount of well wishers stopping by to give my girl a looky loo. We are so proud of her and can not quit staring at her cute lil' mug. She's smiling for the love of all things holy! Can you stand it!?!

Here's a few other interesting things about our girl that we love:

On 12-31-08: She was 15.4 lbs, such a tiny little girl under all that clothing & she was 27.6 inches.

She gets up with the roosters at 6 a.m., takes a 2 hour nap and goes to bed at 8:30. *perfect* for our schedule!

She is a deep sleeper. She eats congee, noodle, meat & vegetables.

She holds her head up while lying on stomach, rolls by herself, grasps toy near hand & can switch it from hand to hand, she crawls and she stands with her hands holding on for support. Selfishly, I do not want her to walk till I get her.

She knows her name, distinguishes between acquaintance & strangers, responds to the facial expressions of adults and she laughs aloud. She is restless, loves playing with toys, has a quick reaction and she is ready with her smile! She loves playing games & is close to her caretaker. They wrote on her paperwork that her favorite things are playing outdoors and dolls. She's perfect & our family can't get enough of her.

My boys are spending some time with their over the top fabulous grandparents. They are on spring break and I seriously thought they were only going to be there through the weekend when I found out that they had planned on all week. I don't want to scare my inlaws away, so I hate to leave them there this whole week. However, I can say that I am glad that I can have the time to focus on the ridiculous amount of paperwork and all the other things that need done. It is a blessing bigger than I can imagine. Those that have 3 kids in the home know how hard it is to get any of the 'extra' stuff in life done and this paperwork mountain is more than a little extra!
Yesterday, we had more fun stork news with the arrival of PugMama's Jiangxi baby!

& Luna's beautiful Jiangxi baby!

I love these girls & could have never made it through the wait without them!
I can't wait to get all our Jiangxi babies together, nothing like giving Eme Grace some sisters from the get go!

What an amazing time! I never thought it would actually happen & here I am typing about Emerson Grace. Happy 13th month birthday to my happy girl...we want her home now.

42 comments:

Liz and Ava said...

I know what you mean...you have to pinch yourself to make sure your not dreaming! It's real...and it'll feel so much more real once you have your little munchkin in your arms!
The time will just fly by now.

Special K said...

Happy 13mth B-day Eme!

Love that she is surrounded by pink & green in her referral pics. If I didn't know better I'd think she was supposed to be MY baby!!

PS. Good thing you know some special ed teachers you can call for help. LOL!

Kim said...

Happy 13 months Eme Grace..
She is soooo beautiful..
ALL the girls are BEAUTIFUL..
I am sooo happy for you..
HUGS..
Have a great week..

cougchick said...

Congrats Tracy. Disregard my email that I sent this morning. I forgot you had a new addy blog. Your girl is so dang perfect and that smile of hers is heaven sent.
I am so happy that you had Colleen there with you to help you through the weekend. True sisters....
Congrats to J and the boys too!!!!

C's Mom said...

Happy 13 mos to your Eme!

Hah...don't count too much on that schedule they tell you about ;0)

Enjoy the paperwork fiesta! Nothing quite like the high-speed chase once again.

Hope that TA arrives and allows that latter May travel. I waited 8 entire weeks to get my hands on my girl and me NO LIKEY.

Much love from both me and Claire...a member of the Jiangxi club too :0)

Tawni said...

It's not a dream - it's finally real. And I couldn't be happier for you. love the photo of the fam holding her...priceless.

t

Noemi said...

Such a sweet post! I hope that the TA arrives soon! Good luck with the paper work.

I am so happy for you and your beautiful family! As a mommy to three boys I KNOW you will be in heaven with all things girly!

Daniella said...

I can only imagine it feels like a dream - after waiting so, so long - finally your beautiful daughter. Oh and ya know I'm going to be using you when our time comes to be my paperwork teacher - I can't believe there's more! Hope the boys are enjoying their spring break - our school doesnot start til Friday but we are starting on thursday.

3 Countries 1 Love said...

Ahhh, I remember that "referral high" like it was yesterday! It was a feeling I never wanted to end! Vivi Claire was smiling in her referral pictures and she is still, to this day, that smiley/happy little girl described in her paperwork. They were spot-on with the information about her! Hopefully it's true for your Emerson Grace too. Again, congrats!

Jboo said...

Such an exciting time for all of you and it just keeps getting better! Best wishes!

Janet

Island Girl said...

Happy 13 BIrthday Emerson!!!and HAppy 13 month old daughter to you T,J,G,C and of course W!!!!

God is good!!!!
Bobbie

Sandra said...

I love the family shot!!!
Congratulations again and happy 13th birhtday, Eme!!!!

Catherine said...

What a neat way that you've captured your weekend of fun, paperwork, excitement and the sheer joy of celebrating all that is Emerson Grace!!

Anonymous said...

A lot of what they say about weight and development ends up not being true (btdt), bring 3-6 and 6-12 month clothing. Congrats! My baby couldn't even sit up and they said she could walk with help!

Liene said...

I totally understand the emotional roller coaster your life has been since you saw her face. After the initial 48 hours of shock and being totally elated the realization that our girl has spent the nearly 14 months of her life without us made me very sad. I know the nannies love the children as much as they can but it's not the same as the love of a mother.

Happy 13 month birthday to Eme!

Enjoy the paperwork. You'll travel way before we do since we're doing the SN route and are still waiting on PA and everything else that comes before we get our TA.

Oh and I agree with anonymous, don't believe everything you read on her referral paperwork. I've heard from others that it can be a bit exaggerated. Nonetheless, she's beautiful and is a perfect fit for your family.

EJ said...

Happy 13th Birthday Eme Grace!! I know it is like a blur when the news comes, it truly turns your life upside down in such a good way!!

It sounds like she is going to fit in your family perfectly!! i am so happy for your family!!

Hoping you travel quickly to get Eme in your arms!

Ellen

lora said...

What a great smile! She is Perfect!

Are you keeping her SWI to yourself?? I am wondering because I have a Jiangxi girl too!

Here's to a speeding TA, you have waited long enough!

Unknown said...

Happy 13 months Eme! Luv that smile & those cheeks.
Donna

A Beautiful Mess said...

Happy 13 months sweet Eme:)

Any time you and J need a little "extra" help you just call me!

Believe me you will be going to Target the night before you leave just to get one more thing!!

Hope you travel soon.

Melinda said...

I love the first family photo of all of you! What a beautiful family you have!

And "yes" this really did happen to you and you have the beautiful picture of your new daughter to prove it! Stare at it, pinch yourself, and believe that it is true. Enjoy every single moment of this happy time!

Happy 13 months to Emerson!

Mom 2 six said...

I am so excited for you !! What a beauty you have. Can't wait till you have her in your arms !

Tracee said...

We took Lilly's referral photo and had it blown up and mounted on foam core board. It is still in the same place we put it when we got home. I never get tired of looking at that mugshot! Do it!

Kayce said...

Happy 13 months to Eme! Such great pictures of all of you with those big smiles!! Good times!

Briana's Mom said...

It is a blur, isn't it? :) All that waiting and then referral hits - then things/events seem to fly by! It's so amazing! I am so thrilled for you and your whole family. May will be a beautiful time to travel! China here you come!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I can only imagine what you have felt like since you got the call....I bet your feet still have not hit the ground yet!!

Happy 13 Months to your sweet girl.....she is absolutely adorable and sounds like the percect fit for you family!! Your travel day will be here before you know it....good luck with the paperwork and the packing!

Lisa

3 Peanuts said...

Those of us who have been there KNOW exactly how you feel!! That floating on air is wonderful...it is a blur of excitement. Now it is time to get ready to travel, then when you get everything ready...it will be time to go. So happy for you.

Luna said...

Happy 13 months Eme!! Our beautiful girls were born only 12 days apart from each other. I can hardly believe it....Someone pinch me!! Life. Is. Good.

OziMum said...

C's trip was FANTASTIC timing!!! I do love that photo!

I love Eme's smile. Just beautiful.

Laurie said...

Happy 13 months to Eme!

The family picture is precious, but I can't wait for one with Emerson there in person. Your boys are going to be great big brothers.

I can't stop smiling for you all!

Um, there's more paperwork? :)

Colleen said...

Happy 13 months sweet baby Eme! Your Auntie CANNOT wait to meet you. I feel like I watched you come into this world with your Mommy & Daddy...well, I guess I did huh?

The weekend still feels like a blur for me, I cannot even imagine how it feels for you. I hope you are still enjoying the float. Don't let all the paperwork stuff get you stressed...it will all get done. Funny...I got a new baby announcement today from my friend Christine - and I had totally forgot, her little "Nola" was born March 7th. (09). A good day that March 7th.

Those Jiangxi girls know how to rock it. I am so glad our group of girls are all from there.

I love ya and miss ya much! Thank you again for letting me share in your wonderful miracle.

Shannon said...

It's the most amazing feeling...topped again when you finally have her in your arms! Heck, my whole trip to China is as fuzzy as that picture of you and C! Enjoy your lovely, fuzzy buzz and get that paperwork done so you can get her home! I can't wait to see her with her big brothers. =)What an amazing family. Happy 13 months to you Emerson Grace!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Tracy: The true happiness in your post is palpable...so amazing!! Your Eme Grace is such a precious child and soon your family will be united forever...love it!

Hugs from Lori
Mama to one big and two littles from China :)

Abby's Mom said...

For me it felt like christmas for quite a while! Conratulations:)

Robin said...

Happy 13 months Eme Grace (what a beautiful name)

LOVE the family photo and can't wait to see the Buckeye family photo this fall :0)

Happy paperworking. ;0)

Debbie said...

Happy 13th month birthday Eme Grace!! You have a spectacular MOM!!!!

Pug Mama said...

oh LORD, I swear to you, I haven't had a moment to breath - TOTALLY overwhelmed - but in a GOOD WAY!!!
I will trade you YOUR paperwork for my HAGUE paperwork ANY DAY.
I am in paperwork hell.
I just want to bring my baby home....WITH my travel group :0(
But let's talk about HAPPY things - LOOK AT OUR GIRLS!!!!!!!!! DREAMS COME TRUE.
What would I have ever done without you?? Thank you for everything over these last couple of days.
Love you!!!
XOXOX

Debbie said...

your post was so beautiful! it is such a wonderful blur of emotions & i am so happy for your family. eme grace's face could not be any more adorable. truly, that smile right into the camera is enough to melt the hearts of everyone that sees her! she is a love ... just waiting for all of the love from your family. so happy for your entire family!!!

Polar Bear said...

Happy be-lated 13months Eme!!

T ~ I LOVE her name! LOVE it!!!

The family photo is wonderful. I am so happy for all of you. I can't wait to follow your journey to get little Miss Eme! :)

It's so cool that Colleen was there with you. Sounds like an amazing weekend!

Polar Bear said...

Ps. Hope you don't mind, but I added Eme to my bulletin board. The kids LOVED her smile. I put up the one in the red frame. :)

Heza Hekele said...

I want to see a picture of this girl's closet! With that much *waiting time* to shop, I can only imagine how overflowing it is!

Lisa and Tate said...

WOW.. I'm still on cloud nine...

Had to head over here to get another fix on Ms Emerson. So fun to see the other babes faces too!

So so surreal.

Tao's Mommy said...

I will tell you it will be 2 years in August since I got Channing and I sometimes need to pinch myself to see if this is really real. These little girls are such miracles and they add so much to life.....I cant imagine my life without Channing.

Get packing cause your time will come very soon when you board that plane to China.....trust me!!!

Glad you and Colleen had a great weekend.....sounds perfect to me!!!