Friday, April 24, 2009

This seems like forever ago....

& yet it's the very kitchen that haunts my dreams, keeps me from a good nights sleep and makes me question the future. There are several uncertainties in our life, but there are also many certainties that I know I can always count on. One of which is the adoration of a man who finds life with me to be grand, 3 boys who are always ready for a good time & one little princess who has more love waiting for her than she can imagine. We no longer look at her photos and think about her, we now talk to her.....as if she's right here.
This has become our favorite photo of her. Gawd, just look at that face..... C did the 'school news' today and it was a live broadcast into all the classrooms. He brought his sisters pictures, showed them to the entire school and spoke about the orphans in China that are waiting for forever families & he specifically talked about his sister, Emerson. My dear friend called me from the school to tell me this took place. I did not know this was going to happen or I might have better prepared him, however, C knew his stuff and apparently the entire school is now educated on Chinese adoption & how much he loves his sister.

G wrote a 'love letter' to his sister, that his younger brother found & showed me. I gasped while listening to how my son poured his heart out on sheet of paper to the sister he only knows in his dreams and his devotion to forever protecting her and how much he already loves her.
W offered to give her all of his jammies since I told him she just might to sleep naked since all the female jammies seem to be 'uncool' for her style.
We had printed out special photos for the boys to carry with them and I am guessing they are in their backpacks because among all the things I clean up after them, it's never been the photos of their sister.
So though life is filled with many twists and turns, it will never replace the steadfast love that has become our family unit. Now where is our TA?

16 comments:

Kim said...

Great post..
The boys will be the best Big Brothers around..
And Emerson will be soooo loved..
Hugs..
Have a great week..
Your waiting journey is over.. now it is time to start your amazing journey as a complete family...

Angela said...

Awwww, your boys are so sweet!
Since you first mentioned your search for cool PJ's It seems like everywhere I go, I'm looking. Sorry to say I have not found much other than a Carter's set, that has a pair of flip flops on the front of the top, and it said, I think, fun in the sun, at Kohl's.
Hope you get that TA soooooon!!!

Diana said...

That was beautiful..You have such good kids!!!
That kitchen...actually the house looks amazing!!
Have a great weekend and I agree...come of TA's!!

A Beautiful Mess said...

hey that is some nice handbag you have hanging off your shoulder with your fancy crocs:)

I need you to email me that listing for that house so I can see the rest of it:) I am wondering how you will reach the top cabinets!?!?!?

Your boys are sweet

The Carmodys said...

I love that post. Your boys are going to make great big brothers! She's going to have them all (including your hubby) wrapped around her little finger. :) I can't wait to see pictures and hear about them finally being all together!

k

Special K said...

Awwwww.. that's just too much sweetness for me first thing in the morning. I just wanna hug those boys! Their momma is raising them to have such big hearts. :)

Catherine said...

Beautiful!! It's so wonderful to hear how Emerson's big brothers are already loving her and so excited to share her with the world!

Can't wait to see her surrounded by the love of your family! Come on TA!!!

Colleen said...

Ohhhhh this brings me to tears! Emerson has the best big brothers!
My boys too had to bring referral photos of their sister to school with them to show her off. It is such an exciting time for them!
Will they be going to China? I know everyone has to do what is best for them, but we brought our boys and I am so thankful that we did.
Hoping for speedy travels!!!
(oh! And Faith's favorite pjs at the moment is an old baseball T'shirt of her brothers that goes to her knees.)

Kayce said...

Wonderful post T. Your boys are going to be the best big brothers. You are all so blessed!

Kristy said...

This was a beautiful post lady!! The boys hearts are a complete relection of you.

Is that your house? Did I miss something/ Are you moving/

Love, Kristy

Daniella said...

wonderful brothers waiting for their sister :) Your right nothing more steadfast than the family unit! Joe & I talked about this tonight at dinner - sooooo important. Hope TA comes soon.

OziMum said...

Aaawwww! Such love from E's big brothers!

Robin said...

"E" will definitely have the best brothers around. Poor guys in the future who try to date her.. LOL (jk) However, they will definitely have to meet more than just dad's standards. :0)

C's Mom said...

Good lawd! This post just made me cry. Those are some seriously amazing big brothers.

All of those hearts in your household have to be so much lighter now, knowing that little face at last.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

WOw. That made me cry too. SOOOO beautiful! Can you just imagine it....them protecting her at the park? Them watching over her, laughing with her, showing her how to make spit balls? That's the good stuff in life! LOVED this post.

elisa said...

I am having the best time following your blog, as the mom of three boys with an adopted daughter about to come home- so cool to see someone going through it as well. And to see other boys as excited as mine to get a sister!

I am not sure where you live but it looks fabulous- I want to live there too!