Not gonna lie. This last batch of rumors knocked the wind out of me.
I realize they are still 'just' rumors & there is so much conflicting information circling that everything seems to be as clear as mud.
TA's really should have been here, but that doesn't mean they won't arrive tomorrow.
All things crossed.
I realize in the big scope of life that 20-30 days is really nothing, but for my heart, it's everything. What does it mean for me to have to wait another month?
*my girl will most likely learn to walk & it won't be to my arms she falls into.
*she will probably cut another tooth & I won't be there to wipe her tears & help the pain to disappear.
*she will enter into another season of life with 10 layers of clothing on & not have the comfort of air conditioning.
*she will miss out on seeing her big brother turn into a teenager.
*she will go another month without the love of a family.
*she will have one more month of baths, that I won't be able to give her.
*one more month of new discoveries of food, that I won't be able to feed her or introduce her to.
*is she crying? It's another month of not feeling the love & comfort that only her Mommy can give her.
*is she bored, sitting in that chair? It's another month her brain will go unstimulated without the toys that we have waiting for her.
*is she happy? It's another month that it won't be me putting that smile on her face.
*it's another lost month of her baby giggles that I will never hear.
*it's another month that she will learn to speak a Chinese word that will fall on deaf ears.
Another month is huge to my heart.
**Updated** this just in from our agency...
Hello All, We at ____ want to make sure that you have the same information that we do. At this time, we realize there are many rumors swirling about the chat groups, etc. that upcoming travel groups will be delayed because of the CCAA's concern about the Swine Flu. What is true is that CCAA did put out a notice last night regarding the Swine Flu and expressing their concerns. However, to put your minds at ease, we are informing you that the CCAA has told us that they have no intention of discontinuing Travel Approvals. Rather they have requested that families and agencies seriously consider whether they will travel during this time, as children are much more susceptible to such viruses, before making travel arrangements. The CCAA will extend all current travel approvals 2 months for those families who decide to not travel at this time. If you would like to talk further about reconsidering travel please give us a call and we will make arrangements for you. We certainly understand anyone choosing not to travel and would encourage anyone who has even potentially been exposed to the Swine Flu virus to seriously reconsider traveling so as not to spread the virus to others. It is important to consider all of the factors, aside from your desire to bring your child home, the safety and well-being of the children being adopted, the children in the orphanages, and all other peoples in China or during travel you could some in contact with. We will keep you posted if any new information on this front comes our way. Thank you for your understanding and your patience on this matter. Hope you are all well.
It looks as though we won't have to wait that extra month! Thank You CCAA!