Friday, April 10, 2009

One Week Ago....

It was one week ago when I saw the face that would be the daughter that I've longed for
for 14 years. She literally took my breath away.
Within one week, she has captivated my heart and I have fallen so deeply in love with her face that it physically hurts. One week ago....we celebrated Emerson Grace with a beautiful little cake that J's friend had made up at the last moment.

We popped the cork on some very tasty champagne and toasted to the dream that came true....
We toasted to the lifelong friends we've made on this journey, the sisters that our daughters already have in America and how thankful we were for all that we have been blessed with.

We ate, we drank, we showed every.single.person. the face of Eme~Grace....VIP style ;)
We sat on the dock of the bay and made our own music.
And during the course of the night, I must have asked....did that really happen? a dozen times.
I can't believe it's only been one week! It's been a whirlwind of sorts and I am utterly blown away with all of your very sweet emails, cards & comments. I could have never made it through this wait without you. I'm in awe that we dared to dream a dream in 1995 & though we had to jump through more hoops than we ever could have imagined, our Emerson Grace was worth the wait.
We can't wait to bring her home, but like always....we will treasure & enjoy the now. For those of you left waiting, my heart will always be with you, till the moment you bring your child home...just don't give up on the dream. Dreams do come true.
My boys have been vacationing all week at the most golf~ilicious place on the planet, Grams & Gramps. No doubt they've been enjoying themselves immensely, but it's time to bring them home. I was hoping to have our weekend video completed by now, but with so many photos & having so many other things to take care of, there just hasn't been the time.
& a big happy birthday to my girl, Colleen.
I love & miss you & I'm so grateful that you were here last weekend to celebrate the joy that is Emerson Grace.
I only wish you were with me tonight to sit on the dock of the bay....happy birthday.

18 comments:

Colleen said...

Well shit........will I ever stop crying? What a beautiful post. I cannot believe this has all happened. This time last Friday we were hittin the champagne highway! What FUN! Gawd was that FUN!

I love you girl...miss you terribly. So sad to have my twin so far from me...

Can't wait for the video.

Special K said...

That cake is adorable. How sweet!

Leave it to you two to get all dolled up and then just sit on the ground with your cocktails. That's why I love you both. Not a pretentious bone in your bodies. :)

I'm glad you got to experience that weekend with your twin. Those memories are priceless.

Happy Birthday Colleen!!

Joanne said...

Now this is a very nice anniversary to be celebrating :) Just the beginning of many happy ones!!!

Luna said...

It was supposed to be one week ago today that I saw MY girl for the first time too. DHL sucks. Yes, I can hold a grudge.

Kim said...

Happy 1 week..
I am sooo HAPPY for you ..
Hugs..
Have a great weekend..

Alyson and Ford said...

I just need to tell you all. This has been a very special referral for us. We are so happy for you and my humble words are having a hard time expressing that. Just know you are in our hearts and prayers and we so look forward to your Forever Family Day.
peace
fm

ps: Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!

C's Mom said...

That's so sweet...I'm crying about Colleen and how amazing it was that you two got to share that special moment together.

The cake is a beauty.

Now, time to get those boys of yours home and get things all ready for you DAUGHTER and their SISTER! Pretty groovy :0)

carolinagirl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I found your blog through Kim at 3 Peanuts! Your daughter is beautiful, and I know that you cannot wait for the moment that she's in your arms.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Amazing. I am so happy for you! Soon enough you will be holding your baby in your arms!

Mya said...

What a day to remember and celebrate and to have one of your best buds their with you to share it with! Love the cake!

Pug Mama said...

did this ALL really freakin' happen????!!!!!

elisa said...

I just found your blog and I just wanted to tell you how excited I am for you!!!

I too have three boys and am waiting the adoption of our little girl, in hopefully less than two weeks!

Congrats to you :)

Liene said...

Great post! She's going to be home before you know it. I love the photo of Colleen and you sitting on the dock with the drinks in hand. That photo is making me look forward to sitting on the dock by my parents summer place with a drink in my hand and this summer Emi will be there too!

Steffie B. said...

I am so thrilled for you.....

Laurie said...

T,
What a perfect referral day you had! Thank you so much for sharing your special time with us. Like everyone else the video made me cry and cry because I am just so happy for you.

The love between you and your husband shows through so much. You are such a beautiful couple not just on the outside, but obviously in spirit and character as well. You truly enjoy life and make everyone around you happy. I'm so glad to "know" you through Blogland. Little E. is destined for a charmed life with an incredible family and I am thrilled for all of you. You give me hope for my own happy ending.
Hugs,
Laurie

stephanie and scott said...

You did wait sooooo long, but just as you are doing, enjoy every minute of your preparation to get little Emerson Grace! Time really will go by so quickly and you will look back on this as well. So many little things I have forgotten when we were preparing to get Meigan. I look forward to reliving it all over again as you embark on a new journey of a lifetime!

OziMum said...

Friends are forever.

I think its so special that Colleen happened to be there, the very weekend you first see your daughter's face. That's amazing!

Godspeed to Eme!

Jodee said...

I, too, am so excited for your family! She is absolutely adorable! I can't wait to follow your journey!